Interns play a vital role in Our House operations. If you are interested in an internship for college, graduate school, or just to get some real-world experience, contact us.
Interns volunteer on a regular basis for at least one semester, typically giving between 15 and 25 hours per week. There are opportunities for interns to work behind-the-scenes or directly with clients in any number of Our House program areas.
Here are a few examples of the types of work interns do at Our House:
- Case work and referrals for homeless adults
- Youth development – assisting in after-school and summer programs
- Child development – assisting in Little Learners Child Development Center
- Adult education – tutoring adults, assisting with resumes, workforce education
- Marketing – developing strategies to get more donations including the use of social media
- Fundraising – helping plan and coordinate fundraising events
- Public Relations – writing articles about Our House, working on the enewsletter
Our House is able to provide ongoing feedback to interns ensuring that the experience is educational and beneficial to the student. A dedicated staff member will serve as the internship supervisor and will complete all paperwork required by the school. All internships at Our House are unpaid.Paid year-of-service opportunities are available to college graduates through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. For more information about serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer at Our House, click here or email us.