top individual volunteers
Meghan & Andrew Collins
Kim & George Knollmeyer
Lori & Chris Schaffhauser
Valerie & Jonathan Shively
Individual volunteers have a huge role to play in helping homeless children, families and individuals at Our House. Most volunteer opportunities for individuals take place Monday – Friday between 8 am and 5 pm.
There are one-time opportunities and ongoing opportunities for individuals. We highly encourage an ongoing commitment to most opportunities, especially within programs dealing with children. Consistency is important to those who already have a lot of change in their lives, and that goes double for little ones.
Here are some examples of ways that individual volunteers make a real impact at Our House:
- Tutor or mentor kids in the Our Club after-school program
- Babysit at The Shelter while parents attend classes and meetings
- Share a talent in the after-school program by leading an art, music or dance activity
- Be a mentor in our Women-at-Work program
- Do yard work (mowing and weed eating)
- Assist with office work in the Learning Center
- Help out in Little Learners Child Development Center
- Assist with serving lunch to children
- Assist with center clean up
- Assist on the playground
- Teach a life skills or workforce education class
- Help an adult with their resume or with interview skills
- Serve on a fundraising event committee
Different levels of screening are required depending upon the area in which you would like to volunteer. Working with children requires a higher level of screening / paperwork than yard work or serving on an event committee.Volunteer Relations VISTA or call 501-374-7383 ext. 202.